Best Air Purifier for Home in India -Recommended in 2019
It has now become a necessity of installing the Best air purifier for home in India as our surrounding environment has become quite polluted these days.
There are different kinds of air purifiers available in India and it is very important decision to choose the best out of all available options.
So, I have compiled a list of Top 5 BEST air purifier for home in India.
Apart from that, you can also go through our buying guide such that you get a fair idea about air purifiers and hence you can buy it accordingly as per the need that you might be having.
Now, Let us have a look below:
Comparison Table - Best Air Purifier for Home in India
Top 5 List of Best Air Purifier for Home in India
1) Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier
- Air Purifier Type - Room; Purification method - High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 677 sq. ft. / 63 sq. mtrs., especially suitable for bedrooms
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 270 m3/hr
- Wattage: 11 to 50 watts (lowest to highest fan speed, depending on usage)
- Warranty: 2 years on product
It is one of the best air purifier for home in India that you can purchase. This model uses HEPA filter which is capable of covering a distance of 677 sq ft.
Apart from that, it gives you the perfect value for the money that you would spend. There are a lot of attractive feature in this air purifier such as smart air quality sensors as well as child lock.
Using this air purifier, you can easily monitor the air quality on a regular basis.
As per the air quality, it adjusts the speed of the fan as well as dims the light. It also makes use of 100% ozone-free filtration technology which is designed specifically for removing the allergens.
It will also give you an alert when the filter would require a change.
How to easily maintain an Air Purifier?
- It is an Eco friendly appliance as compared to other brands in market.
- One of the best air purifier in India which is equipped with much smart features.
- This model uses HEPA filter type.
- It may not be suitable for larger houses in India
2) Xiaomi MI Air Purifier 2
- Air Purifier Type - Room; Purification method - High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 400 sq. ft. / 37 sq. mtrs., suitable for bedroom / living room (medium)
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 310 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic mtrs) which an air purifier produces every hour
- Warranty: 1 year on product. contact_us on : [ 18001036286 ]
- HEPA triple layer filter, removes harmful PM2.5, Cleans air (400 square feet in 10 minutes)
The air purifier from xiaomi is backed with a lot of exciting features. This air purifier has the ability to purify the room in a span of just 10 minutes.
This is one of the best air purifier for home in India that you can use. It is also equipped with high quality sensors that can effectively monitor the quality of air with quite an ease.
Moreover, one of the best things about this air purifier is the fact that it can easily cover all the corners of the room in quite an effective way.
In addition, This model is equipped with activated carbon filter that can easily tackle the impure air from all the possible directions and perhaps eliminate all kind of impurities such as bad odor, formaldehyde as well as many other harmful substances.
The air purifier can also be controlled in a hassle free way. You can download Mi Home app and further control the purifier using the mobile phone.
This air purifier model from xiaomi also works in quite a silent way as it is built using the latest technology. I would say, it is one of the best air purifier that you can get under 10000 in India.
- It works in quite a silent way
- This model can easily be operated via mobile phones using a special application.
- It can purify the room in a span of just 10 minutes.
- You would need to change the filter after a span of just 6 months.
3) KENT Aura Room Air Purifier 45-Watt with HEPA Technology
If you are looking for the best air purifier for home in India, then it is indeed one of the best choices that you can opt for.
The purifier makes a great attempt to purify the air and thus remove the pollen and allergens.
Further, the air purifier works on the HEPA technology and thus it can easily trap the harmful pollutants and thus filter them efficiently.
In addition, This model has activated filter which removes bad odor such us dust, cigarette smoke, Pet odor etc.
It also has an in-built ionizer which helps to freshen up the rooms. The air purifier continuously monitors the quality of the air using the in-built light sensor.
Moreover, It also has a filter change alarm which lets you know when to change the filter.
The filter also has a smooth working and perhaps works quite silently.
This model also has a child lock feature which is quite user friendly and it can work at different speed settings.
- This model from Kent has a very silent operation
- It uses the HEPA filter type
- This is quite useful for the asthma patients.
- It may not be able to purify if the smog is quite high.
4) Honeywell HAC25M1201W 53-Watt Room Air Purifier
The following air purifier comes with a long lasting filter that is going to last for 3000 hours.
So, by a simple calculation, it would mean that if you use this air purifier for about 8 hours on a daily basis, then it is surely going to last for a year.
It uses three stage filtration processes which help in removing 99.9% viruses and bacteria from the air. This is also an eco friendly air purifier as it doesn’t emit any kind of ozone.
In addition, it also has HEPA filter which is capable of treating pollen and particulate matter as well as animal hair.
The product is also helpful in treating harmful gases such as VOCs, formaldehyde as well as bad odor.
- It comes up with an excellent life expectancy
- This model is good for handling pollution of all kind.
- It comes at a very competitive price.
- It doesn’t come with the noise reduction feature
5) Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 43-Watt Air Purifier with HEPA PURE & VIRAL GUARD Technology
- 7-STAGE air filtration technology with Pre-filter, HEPA filter, anti bacterial filter, activated carbon, photo catalyst oxidization, UV light and ionizer
- Ideal for indoor spaces up to 350 sq.ft.
- Purification for dust-free and healthy indoors, helps keep indoor air free from dust (PM10, PM2.5), gases, smoke, bad odour, allergens and air-borne infectants
- Air Flow (m3/hr): 225
- CADR (m3/hr): 170
This is one of the top 5 air purifiers that you can get in the market. It uses 7-stage air purification process that delivers fresh air to you. This model is quite ideal for hospitals, homes, guest houses, hotel rooms and small offices. It helps to give the indoor air free from any kind of smoke, dust, allergens etc.
Apart from that, it makes use of the iCluster Technology which focuses on removing various kinds of pollutants that might be present in the environment.
Therefore, it is a very good air purifier which is equipped with a lot of features such as auto start, Odor sensor and the best thing about this air purifier is the fact that it comes with super silence technology with Min Noise level 35 db and Max noise level 45 db.
- It is quite easy to install
- Super silence technology used in this model.
- 7-stage air filtration technology
- This model may not be very easy to use
Types of Impurities in air pollution which are harmful
There are different types of impurities in air pollution which can be harmful. Some of them have been mentioned down below:-
- Carbon oxide which includes carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Both are known to be odorless and colorless gases. They can be toxic to both animals and plants and they are also greenhouse gases.
- Particulates such as dust, ash and Fecal matter. In general, they are formed due to the combustion of fossil fuels and they can indeed produce smog. These particulates can cause heart disease, asthma and some other types of cancer as well.
- Lead is still being used in paint, automobile fuels and pipes. This can cause damage to the brain as well as blood poisoning.
- Volatile organic compounds which are mostly hydrocarbon are another type of impurity that is present in air pollution. These include chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and dioxin.
- Ozone is another pollutant that is a part of air pollution. The gas is whitish and acrid-smelling in nature. It is also one of the greenhouse gas.
What are the Types of Diseases that are Caused by Air Pollution?
There are different types of diseases that can be caused by air pollution. Some of them have been jotted down below:-
- Lung and respiratory diseases such as Asthma attacks, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, reduction in lung function, pneumonia, Mesothelioma, Pulmonary cancer.
- Leukemia is a type of blood cancer that is caused due to the exposure of the benzene vapor through the inhalation process.
- Immune system and birth defects.
- Cardiovascular problems such as stroke and heart disease.
- Various neurobehavioral disorders due to various air toxins.
- Liver and several other types of cancer caused by breathing volatile chemicals.
Why you should use a Best Air Purifier for Home in India?
The air purifier has a lot of benefits associated with it. Some of them have been written down below:-
- It ensures that you are breathing clean air. Besides this, an air purifier can keep you quite healthy as indoor air are 2-5 times dirtier than outdoor air.
- Cooking foods can be at times smelly and air purifier can help you to get rid of the unpleasant odor.
- Air purifiers can very well help to trap the airborne allergens that are released by the pets. Hence, these allergens don’t settle into your home.
- Air purifiers can help to neutralize the smoke.
- Irrespective, how much you keep your home clean, dust is for sure going to get accumulated. Thus, air purifiers can be quite handy in trapping the dust.
- If you are exposed to pollen, dust, dander and other kinds of airborne particles, then it can cause a lot of health as well as long-term breathing issues. An air purifier can help you to get rid of these problems and thus keep your lungs healthy.
- Air purifiers can stop the germs and sickness from spreading.
- Air purifiers can combat seasonal allergens.
- Air purifiers can easily remove up to 99% of airborne bacteria.
Buyer’s Guide- Best Air Purifier for Home in India 2019
In the current scenario, air purifier is considered as one of the most important electrical home appliances. Through an air purifier, you can purify the air and thus eliminate different kinds of pollutants that might be present.
While you are purchasing an air purifier, there are a lot of things that you would need to consider such us the type, features and the jargon.
In India, a lot of products are available having different features and hence it can quite difficult to compare them.
So, go through the buyer’s guide and I am sure that all your doubts would be cleared.
Why do we need a Best Air Purifier for Home in India?
As per the recent survey, it has also been known that your house where you might be living could be 10 X more polluted as compared to the outside atmosphere.
Air pollution especially in cities such as Delhi and NCR has reached to its peak and it has been causing devastating effect.
So,all the major metro cities have been witnessing quite a rise in water and air pollution.
A good quality air purifier can improve the air quality in a span of just 1 to 2 hours.
So, the installation of the best air purifier for home in India is only the perfect solution that you can get for reducing the impact of air pollution and the diseases that are associated with it.
Also, Air purifier works efficiently in removing dust, allergens, ultra-fine particles, viruses and harmful gases by using various advanced filtration technologies such as activated carbon, pre-filter, UV-C Lamp and HEPA filter.
Types of Air Purifiers For Home Use?
The mechanical air purifier works in a way such that it sucks the particles that might be present in the air.
Electrostatic Air purifiers are equipped with filters that are charged statistically and thus it removes all the agents and harmful particles that might be present in the air.
Ion air purifiers make use of charged filters to trap the pollutants, but the matter of fact is these types of filters creates ions having negative charges such that they can easily attract positively charged floating particles.
What are the Filter Types in an Air Purifier?
UV purifiers use electromagnetic radiation to handle issues such as viruses, mold, and yeast. However, UV purifiers are unable to target dust, allergens, and solids in the air. Besides this, it also can’t also get rid of gases, cigarette smoke, etc.
The ionic air purifier has ion generators present in it which help in attracting airborne dust, allergen particles and several other kinds of debris. Besides this, they also help in removing the second-hand smoke. However, it also releases Ozone as a by-product.
Carbon filtration is another type of air purifier filter that helps to absorb large contaminants and allergens. Besides this, it is also very efficient in removing dust, pet hair, smoke and other common types of household chemicals.
These days a lot of Ozone air purifier uses ozone in order to protect the home from different kinds of contaminants that are present in the air. Ozone purifiers are best when used for emergency purposes or for commercial reasons.
HEPA air filters are one of the best filters that are used in air purifier these days. It is quite handy in even capturing the smallest of elements. These filters can also weed out minute pollen, Mold, debris, allergens, and tiny dust particles.
What are the things that you should keep in mind while you are purchasing an Air purifier for Home Use?
If you are looking to remove allergens and small particles from the air, then HEPA filtration is the type of filtration that you should opt for.
HEPA filtration is recommended by a lot of experts. It has the ability to remove the particles of 0.1 microns on size and even smaller than that which other filters are not capable of.
The capability of an air purifier to pass the air through its system in a span of 60 seconds is known as the maximum exchange rate.
So, always opt for an air purifier that offers higher air exchange-rate such that the air can be cleaned in a faster way.
If an air purifier is equipped with a filter-change alert, then you would be able to know the time by when you would be able to change the filter.
Some of them would reveal the information based on the condition of the filter while other would operate regularly.
It is seen that only a few air purifiers are equipped with automatic sensors such that air pollution level can be detected. Apart from that, the dust sensors have the ability to adjust the speed of the air purifier.
However, this is a very good feature which one can use especially if the air purifier is present in the non-occupied space.
Most of the air purifiers come with multiple fan speed. The speed is adjusted at each of the air cycles through the air purifiers. The noise is known to be directly proportional to the speed of the fan in an air purifier.
There are a lot of options available if one is looking out for an air purifier for a smaller space.
So, If you are having a larger room then you would have to purchase a costly model of the air purifier such that larger area is being covered up
It is seen that in most of the air purifiers, the filters would need to be replaced periodically or annually.
In certain cases, more than two filters are being used in the air purifier while other air purifier model have permanent filter installed in it which require vacuum periodically rather than the complete replacement.
Many of the people believe that ozone is quite effective to neutralize the odors and the chemical gases.
So, if you are opting for an electronic air purifier, then you should ideally choose a model which has no or low level of ozone. You should avoid ozone generators which are sold in the form of air cleaners.
Things that you need to keep in mind while using an Air Purifier for Home in India?
When you are using the air purifier at your home, then you should make sure that you close all the windows and doors as the purified air can get escaped away.
Air purifier filter plays a significant role in keeping the impurities away. Hence, it should be replaced at the right time.
Air purifiers should be placed at the right location such that you can get the maximum benefits. Hence, it is important that you have enough space around the air purifier.
FAQs - Best Air Purifier for Home Use
It takes about 30-120 mins for an air purifier to clean the room. However, you should keep it running 24/7.
Air purifiers can be large or small and thus it is important to note the size of your room before buying the product.
In general, the air purifier comes with 2-4 air filters. Make sure that you clean the filter occasionally and change it every 6-8 months.
An air purifier is working correctly if you notice hair, debris, and dust in the filter. If, it is too dirty, then probably you need to replace the filter.
In totally depends on the energy efficiency of the air purifier that you are buying. It typically consumes about 50-200 watts of electricity if you are using a HEPA air purifier.
Pollution these days can persist across the entire region and it is very important that we take proper precaution for the same. The pollution level has increased these days and the air purifier can very well help you to tackle it.
Above is the list of air purifiers that has been tried and tested and thus they are definitely worth buying. So, it is recommended that you take care of the health and thus buy an air purifier that is ideal for you in 2019.
Did you find this review helpful ? Or maybe you have a question?
Either way, leave a comment below right now.